40,000 acres of ESCAPE
Sailing | Swimming | Fishing | Kayaking | Camping | Hiking
You were dreaming of a getaway just like this! Endless fun & relaxation await on this water-lover’s paradise. Beautiful in every season, and waiting for your next adventure! Greers Ferry Lake and its tributaries offer some of the best fishing in the Southeastern US. Its waters hold the 27lb 5oz bass record, as well as a dazzling diversity of trout and walleye.
Sugar Loaf Mountain Island
Hike up the iconic Sugar Loaf Island Nature Trails and catch a glimpse of the eagles nesting at its 700-foot peak.
- Greers Ferry Lake Dam Site
The lake was dedicated by John F. Kennedy and has been generating hydroelectric power for the region since 1964. See where it all began, over 50 years ago!
- William Carl Garner Visitors Center
- National Fish Hatchery
- Surf the Bay
- Greers Ferry Lighted Boat Parade
- Boati Gras
- National Championship Cardboard Boat Races
- Great Southern Stone Skipping Championships
- Annual Greers Ferry Lake & Little Red River Cleanup
Plus Fishing Tournaments scheduled regularly April-October!
Cast your anchor at any of the fascinating towns around the lake (Click for visitors info!)